Economic Academies are economic classes for high school students. The Academy challenges students to grow in their understanding of:
- The pursuit of liberty and prosperity
Students can then apply these concepts in their decision making and develop an economic way of thinking.
Interested in learning more about the restaurant business? The Kanza Café Academy will give you the opportunity to develop a plan or recommendation to the Topeka Public School District to help them improve the Kanza Café. You will have the opportunity to utilize the skills you have learned in the Youth Entrepreneurs class to assist in advancing the mission and goals of the Kanza Café through value creation, marketing strategy, competitive advantage, and others to provide solutions and recommendations.
This Academy will be available for Topeka Youth Entrepreneurs students in in-person and online formats.
- Optional session: Lunch with the Kanza Café food service director | October 29th | 11:30-12:45 | Kanza Café 2701 SW East Circle Dr. Topeka, KS | 15 YE Academy Points
- Weekly programming starting Tuesday November 3rd ending Dec.1st
- Tuesday | 4:00-5:30 | In person meeting at the Topeka Regional Youth Entrepreneurs Office Located inside 712 Innovations at 712 S Kansas Ave | Suite 1 | Topeka KS |
- RSVP or questions please contact Jake Taylor Jake@YouthEntrepreneurs.org
- Up to 120 YE Academy Points available
- Plus up to 35 additional points for participating in the optional session and/or presenting
- Additional 20 points available for presenting game plan for the Kanza Cafe